So you picked up a Know Poe book at one of our branches, Little Free Libraries, Java Express, Melt, Yours Truly, one of our Flash Libraries or wherever.
You read it and loved it—or hated it; you're entitled to your opinions—and you want to know what to do next.
How about joining us and other readers to talk about it?
We're having our first One Book, One City discussion today—that is Monday, July 7—at Walsh Park. Everyone is welcome to participate. You can register beforehand if you prefer, but it's not mandatory.
Talk about what you loved, what you disliked, what scared you, what impressed you. Find out what other people thought.
And it's all right if you can't join us today, because we're having these One Book, One City talks all month throughout the city of Mentor.
You can join us at any of the following locations for a discussion on Poe and his work. If you’ve always been interested in joining a book club or just love reading, this is a great place to begin.
Let’s get all of Mentor reading! Discussions will be at:
- Monday, July 7, 11 a.m. at Walsh Park
- Tuesday, July 15, 11 a.m. at Melt Bar and Grilled
- Monday, July 21, 7 p.m. at Mentor Public Library Main Branch
- Tuesday, July 22, 2 p.m. at Mentor Beach Park
- Tuesday, July 22, 7:30 p.m. at Yours Truly
- Wednesday, July 23, 1:30 p.m. at Mentor Senior Center
- Friday, July 25, 12 p.m. at the News Herald
- Tuesday, July 29, 6:30p.m. at Mentor Public Library Main Branch
- Wednesday, July 30, 6:30 p.m. at Mentor Public Library Main Branch
- Thursday, July 31, 7 p.m. at Wildwood Cultural Center
By the way, we're hosting programs on Edgar Allan Poe all July—everything from a free film festival to horror writing workshops. Click here for a full list of all our Know Poe programs.